Erasmus + ka107 project with associated countries
- STRATEGIC RELEVANCE
How relevant is the foreseen mobility Project to the participating HEI’s internationalization strategy (as much to that of the programme country as to that of the associated country), and justification for having included staff and/or student mobility
1.1 INTERNATIONALIZATION STRATEGY OF YOUR UNIVERSITY
The University of Dschang develops an opening policy regarding cooperation. That is to say, we are prepared to receive any proposition of partnership from institution as we can submit our propositions to universities that may accept to involve into win-win cooperation with our university. Our priority is also to get in touch with partners interested by main axes of our missions that are to train students, to promote research and contribute to the development of our country and subsequently of Africa. Our partners are both from the South and the North.
1.2 WHY IS PARTICIPATING IN ERASMUS+ IMPORTANT FOR YOUR UNIVERSITY?
Participating to Erasmus+ will give to the university of Dschang occasion to hold tight to big international universities so as to improve its position in the international ranking board. We are convinced that we can ameliorate our African and world rank also throughout exchanges we can have with the western universities that are better classified. We are looking for new experience we can acquire through cooperation with experienced partners. While we are aware that Erasmus+ gathers numerous university institutions, we think that exchanging with them would allow us to give-and-take experiences mutually.
1.3 Study areas in common with the University of Huelva
- Faculty of Letters and Social Sciences
Literacy criticism, geography of Spain, history of Spain, American literature, Contemporary Europe, Theory and practice in cultural history, Dissertation analysis, Renewable energy, Highlight on British history, Phonetics, Morpho-syntax, Semantics and lexicology, Language learning and acquisition (Spanish), …
- Faculty of Sciences
Molecular chemistry, General physics, General chemistry Organic chemistry, Structural biochemistry, Introduction to Environmental sciences, Biochemical techniques, …
- Faculty of agronomy and agricultural sciences
without an equivalent but with corresponding subjects taught in the Faculty of experimental sciences of UHU.
Climate change and reduction of gas resulting from deforestation, Soil science and meteorology, General hydrology, Environment economy, (economy of natural resources) Biostatistics, Sylviculture, natural resources assessment methods ,…
- Faculty of economics and management
Microeconomics and macroeconomics, budget management, Management of treasury, Econometrics, Financial markets, Strategies of enterprises,…
2. QUALITY OF DESIGN AND EXECUTION OF THE ACTIVITY
Completeness and quality of the Agreements for the selection of participants, support offered them and recognition of their mobility periods
2.1 THE INSTITUTIONS ARE COMMITTED TO :
In general, students have credit exemption and all activities included on the Learning Agreement signed by the participants and the corresponding sending and receiving university will be recognized by the sending university.
Students and staff members will receive the economic aid to offset board and travel costs during the mobility period, managed by the UHU.
BEFORE THE MOBILITY:
- Once the place has been assigned and accepted, the sending institution will send details of the students to the partner institution so that information can be provided- the contact who will attend them, the academic offer, information on visas and accommodation possibilities, support during the first days of their stay etc.
- The sending university will ensure that its participants are well prepared for the mobility period, that they obtain an adequate insurance policy, that students have a Learning Agreement and staff has a Mobility Agreement accepted by both institutions.
- Staff participants should contact the receiving University before the mobility period to draw up a work plan and Mobility Agreement. Teaching mobility participants should comply with the minimum 8 hours teaching in one week.
DURING THE MOBILITY:
- Treatment and academic services as available to home students and staff are guaranteed, along with integration in the University, tutorials with lecturers and cultural activities.
- Students will have an academic coordinator offering academic assessment.
AFTER THE MOBILITY:
- Certificates of Stay and Transcripts of Records will be issued by the receiving institution.
- A Final Report will be drawn up.
2.2 Selection of participants (procedure and selection criteria):
* The selection of students in the University of Dschang is based on the conformity of their specializations with those foreseen by the partners. There will be a call for application and after that, the best students will be selected and priority will be given to a gender base selection so as to provide girls and boys with equal opportunity. Sometimes, attention is paid on the students’ social situation. In that case those who are in lack of means are given priority during selection.
– Teaching Staff and Administrative Staff:
*the teaching and administrative staffs are selected according to their position within the required specialties from the partner institutions. Their suitability and competence always determine the choice. Those selected should also express themselves fine in the required language, particularly in English