Fellowship to promote Research on Youth engagement in Agribusiness and Rural economic activities in Africa
Dschang,UDs/SIC-05/02/19.The Vice-Chancellor informs the University Community that the International Institute of Tropical agriculture (IITA) is pleased to announce the “Enchancing capacity to apply research evidence in policy for youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa” research grant funded by the international fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).This grant will award 30 researches fellowships in 2019. Subsequently, there will be a call for research on this topic in 2020.
- Applicants must be young Africans
- The Research will be carried out in the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal and Zambia
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time of application
- Applicants must be young scholars at a research institute or University in Africa or a student registered in a PhD or Master’s progrmme in recognized university in Africa, majoring in agricultural economics, agribusiness or a related social sciences field, an must have finished university course work
- Awards for research grants are up to $10,000(proposals with reasonable high budgets can also be selected depending on the quality of the research proposal).
- Grantees will be supervised by IITA’s socio-economics scientist in close collaboration with their national/university supervisors.
Grantees will be offered training on research methodology, data management and scientific writing.